Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Russia

Hello,
it's me - Eva :) In this month - may - I made one of my biggest and most exciting journeys during my EVS. We went to Russia, the neighbour on the other side of the Narva river. We, that's Klara (my flatmate), Azéma (a volunteer from France) and me. We took a bus on a Saturday morning and the first stop (after 5 mins) was the border station in Estonia, then we drove over THE bridge, and then again a controll station in Russia. Everything was okay, but still I was really excited. The border to Russia felt always so big to me but then we just crossed it.
After 2 hours we arrived in St. Petersburg. On the first day we did a Free-Walking-Tour (recommend it) and visited some of the churches in this beautiful city. Then we went to our hostel "Simple Hostel" (recommend it), which was basically in the city centre. On the next day we visited the Mariinsky Theatre and watched the ballet "Romeo and Juliet", it was amazing! On the following days we went to Peterhof,with the beautiful palace and a lot of trick fountains, the Hermitage museum, where I spent 5 hours and of course to some beautiful metro stations. A lot of things in such a short time!
In the evening of Wednesday we took a night train to Moscow. When we arrived there, the weather was not as good as it was in St. Petersburg, it was raining. But nevertheless, we used the 3 days we had in this metropole. We saw the Lenin-Mausoleum, the State Historical Museum, the Gorki-Park, the Museum of the Great Patriotic War (2nd WW), the Kremlin, the St.Basil's Cathedral (recommend it to go inside) and additionally many more things during the Free-Walking-Tour (recommend it). As you can see, there is a lot to see in this city. But there is also a lot to experience: we experienced the Helpfulness of the Russians, typical russian cuisine,...
It is difficult to put this all into words, for me it was an interesting trip to a country, whose culture and people I could already got to know in Narva in Estonia, but still it is a different thing, when you really visit the country.
Ok, now just some photos which I took during my trip through Russia, enjoy!

Eva
















No comments:

Post a Comment