Tuesday, April 12, 2016

It looks like I am the last one to make a first entry on this Blog. My name is Klara and I am from a little town in Germany not far from Stuttgart.

Last year I graduated from school and wanted do do and see something else than Germany and the everyday life I was used to. So I decided to go abroad for an EVS project. I chose this and not one of the hundred other programs we have in Germany because it allowed me to take part even though I was only 17 years old.

So I ended up here in Narva because I wanted to learn Russian, experience a proper winter with -30°C and know what it is like when the sun never really sets.

The winter has passed, the long days are to come and my Russian is a whole other topic...

But besides all of that I got the chance to travel a lot! Estonia is great because nothing is really far away, yet there are many exciting things to do and see. So I have been to the highest mountain in Estonia - which could also be named the biggest joke of a mountain - spend some days in an old German nobles manor right next to a beer brewery, seen meteorite craters, a lovely toy museum, the Christmas market in Tallinn, went canoeing on a river in Soomaa national park while the sun was out for the first time of the year, walked along the shore of the Baltic Sea with frozen puddles on the beach and so many more things and even more are to come!

Another great thing about a small country is that also the neighbouring countries are quite close. Latvia and Lithuania - countries none of my friends have ever been to, Finland, Sweden and of course: Russia! The one country that always seemed so big and far away to me is just right across the river from where I am living right now!

Here are just some impressions of where I have been and what I have seen so far - Enjoy!

Narva-Joesuu

Tallinn

Riga

Hill of Crosses

Vilnius


No comments:

Post a Comment